New Nordic School is on a mission to transform current systems of education. Our educational concept, the Nordic Baccalaureate, empowers all students to explore their natural creativity, discover their true passions, and shape their own future. We apply the renowned Finnish Curriculum integrated with best pedagogical practices from around the world to create a personalized, multi-age, skills-driven and strength-based system that is supportively led by teachers as mentors. The four core values that guide all decisions at New Nordic School and influence our approach to teaching and learning are; Be bold, Innovate, Collaborate & Empower.
As we are opening our first preschool in Singapore, we are looking for a Founding Principal to set up and run the preschool located in central Singapore. We are looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial-minded individual who envisions a change in the way preschool education is taught to children and our emphasis will be using sports to encourage the learning process.
The principal may divide his or her time between teaching and managing daily functions. The position is full-time.
- Organizing and overseeing all teaching and learning
- Coordinating management with the preschool owner
- Creating a stimulating, active, safe, respectful, and fun learning environment for students and teachers
- Arranging substitute teachers or stepping into a classroom when needed.
- Taking responsibility for and leading the curriculum review process
- Informing teachers of curriculum updates to ensure that they are incorporated into classroom activities and teaching
- Updating developmental reviews to reflect curriculum changes
- Ensuring that student records and portfolios are up-to-date
- Observing teachers and providing constructive feedback on their pedagogical practices
- Providing or arranging for ongoing professional development for staff
- Communicating and collaborating with the parents and the wider community
- love working with children
- have an established record demonstrating resilience, flexibility, collaboration, and creativity
- hold an educational qualification, preferably in early years education
- have a minimum of two years’ experience in a leadership role in early years education or extensive teaching experience
Good to have experience in:
- Montessori teaching
- An international educational setting
- Finnish education
- Keen interest in sports
We will provide you with training, guidance and on-going support to set up and implement the Nordic Baccalaureate educational concept.